June 2, 2007

Vultures

I've been requested by one of my friends to write a new poem today. Since I'm a DJ by trade, honoring requests is something I strive to do whenever possible. Unless it's a really stupid request like the Barry Manilow/Twisted Sister mash-up called "We're Not Gonna Daybreak (It)".

So here goes. I had to reach for inspiration for this one. So I stepped outside and saw my 72 year old neighbor bent over pulling something out of the ground like she was giving it a tugjob. Therefore, my inspiration for this poem was the bug that crawled over my foot. I call this one "Vultures Circling Overhead Looking For Something Dead to Eat"

I think it's one of my most romantic ones to date. I hope you like it.


We undressed each other
In the middle of the day
We wanted a noontime
Roll in the hay.

But something caught my eye
It was just a little thing
Next time you wear a thong
Could you try and hide that string?

Month after month
That bill comes due
It puts you in the red
And that makes me blue.

So much for our nooner
That pretty much went south.
But it's lunchtime, you're hungry,
You need something in your mouth.




Thank you
©2007 Dave the Romance Poet.

No comments: