June 2, 2007

Golfing & Clowns

This one isn't really a romantic poem in the traditional sense, but I believe this particular poem is destined to become a classic much along the lines of "How Do I Love Thee" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning or "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost or perhaps even "There Once Was a Man From Nantucket" by Anonymous.

I call this one "Flowers Growing in Concrete" and I hope you like it. It was inspired by Chris Farley's famous Chippendale dancer sketch with Patrick Swayze on Saturday Night Live and it's one of my personal favorites. It's a "modern poem" in that it doesn't rhyme. Enjoy.


Tears stream down the face
Of a miniature golf course clown.
Of course it's only water from a hose,
But still it's sad.

And it makes me cry
As I shoot for the hole in one
That will win me a free game.
But the tears make me miss.

I think it's a conspiracy.


Thank you
©2007 Dave the Romance Poet.



No comments: